1. Definition of a digital filter
It is composed of a set of logical circuits liable to an algorithm which gives to this filter a precise function. Forexample, a pass - band filter, an integrator, etc...
2. Constitution of digital filter
It's established by the following element : -one or several delay organs
- arithmetical operators
- registers supplying the weighing coefficients of the filter
3. Application field
- speech processing
- radars and sonars
- HiFi, etc...
4. Digital filter properties
Advantages : - reproductibility (the charactéristics of digital filters which have the same configuration are identical )
- flexibility (one can modify frequencial answer by acting on arithmetical coefficients)
- precision (manipulations on numbers)
- association of filters (stake in series filters makes easily)
- stable characteristics (no ageing of constituents).
LOADING OF THE PDF-FILE OF THIS COURSE (available in french only)